Children are more prone than adults to a number of diseases and medical conditions. As a parent, you will always want your child to get the best of everything. This will include proper education, cultural values, and even a healthy lifestyle. For maintaining good health, child immunizations hold intrinsic value right from the beginning. For details on what immunizations your child needs, you can contact pediatric health experts for child immunizations in Charlotte.
General immunizations your child may need in his/her early days include:
- DTaP: Protects against diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis
- HBV: Protects against hepatitis B
- Hib vaccine: Protects against Haemophilus influenzae type B, which can cause spinal meningitis
- MMR: Protects against mumps, measles, and rubella
- Pneumococcal vaccine (PCV7): Protects against pneumonia, infection in the blood, and meningitis
- Polio vaccine (IPV): Protects against polio
- Varicella: Protects against chickenpox
Most specialists recommend that child immunizations in Charlotte must be provided regularly to children between 0-6 years. Immunization is important, since it helps fend off serious illnesses that may otherwise surface in a child’s later years. Immunizations save millions of lives every year.